Introduction to Google Analytics – Online Workshop
Google Analytics is a popular free tool from Google that provides a wealth of information about the visitors to your website. It can take a bit of time to uncover its full use. I want to alert you to a useful online workshop offered by my friends at Pioneer Training. As a disclosure I have no business connection with this firm except that I have been a close personal of the owner, Don Lesser, for years and have written about his food writing on this blog before. I normally do not offer such promotions but I see this as a real service for an important product. Readers of this blog please do not send me similar requests to promote your products.
This two-hour online workshop will introduce you to the benefits of Google Analytics. This online class uses GoToMeeting software. You will be prompted to download a free guest copy prior to the class, if necessary. (Installation is quick and painless.)
Use Google Analytics to find out:
- Number of visitors
- Average time visitors spend on your site
- Types of traffic (direct, referral, search engine)
- Keywords used to find your site
- Most and least popular pages
- Geographic location of visitors
- Number of “socially engaged” visitors (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In)
Set Goals and Track Visitor Progress
- Measures conversions from visitors to customers (or donors, volunteers, etc.)
- Track visitor progress through your “funnel path” to a goal.
- Use data to improve site content and design.
Real-Time Data and Custom Reports
- Find out how many visitors are on your website now!
- Reveal the key words they used to get there.
- Show the pages currently being viewed and locations of current visitors.
- Customize reports for focused data analysis.
Regitser Online, by Phone or E-Mail
- Cost: $99.
- Go to their website: http://www.ptraining.com.com. Click Register Now! on the home page.
- Call their office: (413) 387-1040
- Send them an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PPrivate classes using your website or blog data also available.
Private SEO website analysis also available
- Learn how to optimize your website for search engines.
- Improve your SERP (Search Engine Results Pages) rankings.
- Avoid SEO mistakes and make maximum use of web page copy, titles and ALT tags.
- Design Google Analytics goal funnels to track visitor progress through your site.
- Create custom GA reports to retrieve the exact information you need
About the Author: Dr. Bill Ives is an independent consultant and writer who has worked with Fortune 100 companies in business uses of emerging technologies for over 20 years. For several years he led the Knowledge Management Practice for a large consulting firm.. Now he primarily helps companies with their business blogs. He is also the VP of Social Media and blogger for TVissimo, a new TV schedule search engine. Prior to consulting, Dr. Ives was a Research Associate at Harvard University exploring the effects of media on cognition. He obtained his Ph. D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Toronto. Bill can be reached at his blog: Portals and KM. He also writes for the FastForward blog and the AppGap blog.